M. Scott Kimbrough
Scott Kimbrough joined Dupree, Kimbrough, Carl & Reilly, LLP, in October, 1998, as partner. Mr. Kimbrough concentrates his legal practice in the areas of family law, criminal law, civil litigation, personal injury, probate and governmental law.
Mr. Kimbrough is originally from Cobb County, and graduated from Florida State University in 1991, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance (Golden Key Academic Honorary). He worked with the Ernest & Julio Gallo winery before receiving his Juris Doctor from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University in 1998.
Mr. Kimbrough was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 1998 (Past District Representative of Young lawyers Division) and is a member of the Cobb County Bar (Board of Governors: past President and past Vice-President of the Young Lawyers Section) and the American Bar Association. Mr. Kimbrough is currently admitted to practice in the Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Georgia. Mr. Kimbrough is a former member of the Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court and has been the attorney for the City of Austell since 2003.
Mr. Kimbrough, his wife Kimbrell and their two sons reside in Powder Springs and are members of Passion City Church where he serves as a Doorholder. Mr. Kimbrough enjoys watching his sons play college baseball, traveling with family and hunting.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Governmental Law
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia, J.D – 1998
- Florida State University, Golden Key Academic Honorary, B.S. in Finance – 1991
Honors, Awards and Recognitions
- U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyer for Family Law, 2021
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2019-2021
- Georgia Courts, 1998
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Current 643 Foundation Board Member
- Previous Good Samaritan of Cobb County Board Member